Obtenha o Premium para esconder todos os anúncios
Publicações: 16   Visitado por: 281 users
14.10.2012 - 07:05
Cthulhu's Theory of Momentum
aka the expansion theory

Introduction

In physic, momentum is "a quantity expressing the motion of a body or system, equal to the product of the mass of a body and its velocity, and for a system equal to the vector sum of the products of mass and velocity of each particle in the system." It also is used to figure collision problems, to see what direction an object is moving.

In afterwind, momentum can be used to estimate your chance of winning. However, this is just a theory, and may have random errors and systematic errors present due to intangible assets of the player (Play style, strategy, etc...).

The Equation

Simple Definition: P=m*v
Cthulhu's Definition: P=(qm)*v
Total Definition: P(total)=sum of all P

P is equal to momentum,q is equal to the quality factor, m is equal to the amount of units, and v is equal to the logistical range of the player.

Application - Ignoring the Quality Factor

The greater the momentum, the greater it is to stop the player, the greater the damage the player can do. For example, an inexperience perfect defense player may have 100 unit, but his range(Infantry) would be limited to 5. His momentum would be 500. Would he win against an inexperience sky menace user? Well it depends, correct?

Let say this inexperience SM user has 100 unit, but his logistical range (bombers and air transport average) would be 16; therefore his momentum would be equal to 1600. I would chance my bet that the inexperience SM user would win that match, at the point in the game. Yet, due note that the game constantly evolve, and the equation must be updated, because lets say 10 turns later, the PD user has 400 units, and the SM user only has 100. It would seem that PD user would have a greater chance of winning.

When comparing to the more experience user, players know how to maximize both mass and logistical range all in one turn. As a PD player, they were many games where I move units from the middle east, usually about 40, to india in 1 turn. It might take a couple transport and air transport, but my logistical range would be whopping 33. For that move, my momentum would be 1320. Combine that with all the other moves that turn, it can be hard to stop a player of that caliber.

Also, Just keep in mind the cost of the unit to determine the mass potential of a strategy.

Understanding Quality Factor

The quality factor is used to determine how effective a unit is against another average unit. In this definition, an average unit would 7 attack, 7 defense, and 7 health would all equal the quality factor of 1. If there unit, let say an infantry using the none strategy, their quality factor would be 18/21 (21 is the average unit quality factor).

For example, a person playing blitz might have great momentum in the early games, yet in the late game fail because of their weak unit defense, aka the quality factor. Their unit should have a quality factor of 3/4 or 1/2 a unit, because these units can not defend. Ironfist can be count as 5/4 or 3/2 a unit, for their extraordinary health bonus. These were rough estimations and might not be as precise to their true quality factor.

Marines and other stealth units should be treated as normal units, even though their units are invisible. However, this factor lay upon the player who wish to give it a quality amount.

Conclusion

This theory is helpful in determining the expansion potential of a player, yet it might not guarantee a win for that player. If you would like to contribute to the theory, let me know. If you find an error in such though, let me know as well. I wish you all a joyous victory.
Carregando...
Carregando...
14.10.2012 - 12:09
I think this theory could be explained in 3-4 sentences.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Carregando...
Carregando...
14.10.2012 - 12:27
Me + Stealth Units = End of the world.

The Quality factor of my stealth units are 9/3 7/3
Carregando...
Carregando...
14.10.2012 - 19:37
So what is the point in this?
Carregando...
Carregando...
14.10.2012 - 20:16
This might have some basis and the idea itself might reach some calculable value of units and movement but as it is it's only pseudointellectuality
Carregando...
Carregando...
14.10.2012 - 20:40
To an extent this is right.

Bare in mind there are other factors.
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
Carregando...
Carregando...
15.10.2012 - 03:26
This can be explain in 3-4 sentences, but I wanted to show the application and perhaps enlighten people on how to use said equation.

This isn't a complete formula for winning a game, it only states how fast a person can expand which is essential in winning a game. There is no point in this, I am just stating an observation.

Logically, it make sense, because you are only capable to expand by the amount of units you have multiplied by the distance you can cover. I am sure if you understand integrals, you can find better equation, perhaps using the integral of a circle. So tell me Aristosseur, why do you believe it is fake. Don't just state your claim without providing a hypothesis.

Aristosseur, that is a simple equation that people can use. If you think you are smart, you can use this formula: 4∫ sqrroot((v)^2-(qm)^2) dv.
That equation will give you the area of expansion based on the integration of a circle. I, however, haven't fully fixed that equation yet, but it should be somewhat accurate.
Carregando...
Carregando...
15.10.2012 - 04:02
Expansion is not essential to winning a game.
You can have 50 units in belgium ready to take paris, but belgium is bordered and berlin (your cap) was bombed and detected 25+ Marines.

No units available to defend berlin.

Point,
Neither unit density nor expansion conclude to a victory.
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
15.10.2012 - 04:19
Escrito por Cthulhu, 15.10.2012 at 03:26

This isn't a complete formula for winning a game, it only states how fast a person can expand which is essential in winning a game. There is no point in this, I am just stating an observation.

That means your v = 0

Therefore, expansion is = 0. The person can not defend. Thank you for helping me prove my equation. If you cut off your opponent movement, according to V for Vendetta example, you can win.
Carregando...
Carregando...
15.10.2012 - 07:10
First of all momentum is not preserved in here. Secondly any number you get has absolutely no meaning. Turnblocks, position, rushing, income, reinforcements are what matter and are stuff which you effectively ignore only taking into account range which is minor considering there are always transport chains and in europe all battles are small scale. Also what do you measure your momentum in, kg m/s xdddddd
Your quality factor is completely erroneous, here's why:
infantry using none strategy got 4+6+7=17(not 18)/21
marines using none stragy got 7+3+7=17/21
so marines and infantry are equal? You don't take into account whether the marines are attacking or defending, nor do you include their cost to show if they are cost effective or not.
So yeah get real and stop applying otherwordly ideas to afterwind.
Carregando...
Carregando...
15.10.2012 - 15:26
I mean we don't need to be rude about this being somewhat stretched.
I'm just saying, there are so many variables to take into account that this equation is more than likely incomplete if not false.
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
15.10.2012 - 23:38
The 7, 7, 7 scale suppose to represent an average unit. Do you know how big a meter is without using a scale? The equation is measured in unit*distance or 1 Cth, assuming distance is also 7.

I treat the units as if it was a particle that 7, 7, 7, would be the scale. Why does Celsius is based off the freezing point of water? It just was chosen to be the desired starting point.

I don't understand what you are talking about, because all i focused on is making expansion rate a quantitative result. I didn't equate cities in the equation, because I only wanted to measure the raw strength of the units by the distance it can travel.

" However, this is just a theory, and may have random errors and systematic errors present due to intangible assets of the player (Play style, strategy, etc...)."
Carregando...
Carregando...
17.10.2012 - 01:38
However, in that case, it comes down to this:

Relevance.

Is your theory, which even you admit has errors (most of which derive from you ignoring them in the first place), really important to me or anyone else?

If it's not really something I can use to gauge my odds, or increase my understanding off possible out comes, then no.
This gives me raw data in a more complicated form. If we had to measure our odds of winning on the basis of unit count and speed then obviously we can just look at the player's units, the player in question's most frequent strategies, and we then can conclude what their units are and where they will end up and how such effects the outcome of the game.

I didn't need 2x(4+1x)^5 = 180 to figure that.
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
21.10.2012 - 20:45
Escrito por Tundy, 14.10.2012 at 12:27

Me + Stealth Units = End of the world.

The Quality factor of my stealth units are 9/3 7/3

my theory is better thunder+stealth units=noob end xaxaxaxax
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
22.10.2012 - 00:30
The purpose of this is to give players a mean of calculating another player's expansion. To actually give numbers and perhaps ranking to a person expansion. :) But not everyone like this idea, and I respect their opinion. I just feel oblige to defend my opinion xD
Carregando...
Carregando...
22.10.2012 - 13:20
Escrito por avatar, 21.10.2012 at 20:46

I dont see point of this Cthulhu's Theory of Momentum sameone to explain me

Momentum Theory = Avatar Weak
Carregando...
Carregando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidade | Termos de serviço | Insígnias | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Junte-se a nós no

Espalhe a palavra