Obtenha o Premium para esconder todos os anúncios
Publicações: 16   Visitado por: 93 users
13.11.2021 - 13:49
World War I was rightfully edited by its mapmaker who has a right to do so, please do not touch other peoples propety.
Carregando...
Carregando...
13.11.2021 - 13:55
 Dave (Administrador)
Escrito por Brsjak, 13.11.2021 at 13:49

World War I was rightfully edited by its mapmaker who has a right to do so, please do not touch other peoples propety.

He made the map unplayable and wrote "Dave stop banning people" over it. That's just childish.

It's basically vandalism of a popular map, with the intent of ruining the game for others. When he's ready to act like an adult again we won't interfere, but until then I will simply restore any defaced maps from our backups.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Carregando...
Carregando...
13.11.2021 - 13:57
 Dave (Administrador)
Also see our terms of service. It has had the following paragraph since even Ivan & Amok's time:

4. Custom Maps ownership
Custom Maps and Scenarios and all associated media are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of atWar. Without limiting the foregoing, you hereby assign to atWar all of your rights, title and interest in and to all Custom Maps, and agree that should atWar decide that it is necessary, you agree to execute future assignments promptly upon receiving such a request from atWar. Additionally, atWar shall have the right to keep the Custom Maps online even if their creator requests removal. In case of blocking users from playing your map, you agree to provide solid reasons for the block upon request.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Carregando...
Carregando...
13.11.2021 - 13:58
Escrito por Dave, 13.11.2021 at 13:55

Escrito por Brsjak, 13.11.2021 at 13:49

He made the map unplayable and wrote "Dave stop banning people" over it. That's just childish.

It's basically vandalism of a popular map, with the intent of ruining the game for others. When he's ready to act like an adult again we won't interfere, but until then I will simply restore any defaced maps from our backups.

Its his map, he made it, he edited it and improved it since 2013, he rightfully edited it its his map and he worked for it a long time.
>its basically vandalism
its not you cannot vadalize what you built.
Carregando...
Carregando...
13.11.2021 - 14:05
Escrito por Dave, 13.11.2021 at 13:55

Hilarious how you think mods are justified in banning "assholes" because you have every right to deny your services to people, but then backtrack when Aetius decides to deny his services to you.

I wonder when you'll start acting like an adult.

Escrito por Dave, 13.11.2021 at 13:57

Also see our terms of service. It has had the following paragraph since even Ivan & Amok's time:

4. Custom Maps ownership
Custom Maps and Scenarios and all associated media are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of atWar. Without limiting the foregoing, you hereby assign to atWar all of your rights, title and interest in and to all Custom Maps, and agree that should atWar decide that it is necessary, you agree to execute future assignments promptly upon receiving such a request from atWar. Additionally, atWar shall have the right to keep the Custom Maps online even if their creator requests removal. In case of blocking users from playing your map, you agree to provide solid reasons for the block upon request.

These terms of service are edited terms of service that were made so after WW1 was made. There were protests and map strikes back then too. I explicitly asked you about this in atWar discord shortly after you became admin and you said mapmakers are free to take down their own maps, but I guess things are different when you realise you won't get to profit off their hard work anymore.
----
Someone Better Than You
Carregando...
Carregando...
13.11.2021 - 14:45
I agree with Dave. This is a business entity and, as a player, I would expect nothing less than for the owner of this game to maintain one of the most popular maps, even if the creator of the map wants to delete it—the only reason why the creator of a popular map would want deletion would be to seek vengeance, anyway. There is no downside to creating a map that then becomes popular.

This is exactly how other businesses operate, too. All clients of TD Ameritrade, Schwab, and other brokerages consent to their accounts being terminated for any reason or for no reason at all. If there's a remote possibility you might harm their business... you're out. The countervailing impact of not allowing Aetius to ruin his own map for what some might consider a "legitimate" reason (it is not) is that more people might leave. The added impact on anyone's propensity to leave is likely not enough to get them to leave if they have not left already, so that risk is negligible.

There is MORE upside to MORE people by keeping WW1 intact. If you really think that Aetius should be able to take down WW1, then you're advocating for something that MOST players would not agree with because it is a business interest, and business interests are based on majority rule. This takes me to my next and somewhat related point...

With respect to the falling out, do I think that should have happened? Respectfully, no. I don't think so. I never thought this community was toxic, I honestly thought it was all good humor and most of the conflict was kept in private and stuff. Barely anyone watches the forum except the OG players. Adding more good people was the solution, not removing more bad people, and I don't think the bad people were the factor preventing the good ones from retaining interest. I could be wrong. Supposedly, this was a business decision and hence would benefit more people over the long-run. I guess we will see about that.

In conclusion, I still think that we should get into a Skype or Discord call as a community and talk to each other. Dave can explain the reasons he did everything. His reasons are undoubtedly legitimate, but subject to debate. And I still think that a community-wide agreement can be made to limit our own toxicity and be nicer people, not for the sake of Dave but for the sake of why Dave did all of this in the first place—for atwar. It should not be difficult to schedule some kind of real meeting.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Carregando...
Carregando...
13.11.2021 - 15:05
Message deleted by Dave. Reason: personal insults are not helpful
Carregando...
Carregando...
13.11.2021 - 15:49
Escrito por Tribune Aquila, 13.11.2021 at 14:45

I agree with Dave. This is a business entity and, as a player, I would expect nothing less than for the owner of this game to maintain one of the most popular maps, even if the creator of the map wants to delete it—the only reason why the creator of a popular map would want deletion would be to seek vengeance, anyway. There is no downside to creating a map that then becomes popular.

This is exactly how other businesses operate, too. All clients of TD Ameritrade, Schwab, and other brokerages consent to their accounts being terminated for any reason or for no reason at all. If there's a remote possibility you might harm their business... you're out. The countervailing impact of not allowing Aetius to ruin his own map for what some might consider a "legitimate" reason (it is not) is that more people might leave. The added impact on anyone's propensity to leave is likely not enough to get them to leave if they have not left already, so that risk is negligible.

There is MORE upside to MORE people by keeping WW1 intact. If you really think that Aetius should be able to take down WW1, then you're advocating for something that MOST players would not agree with because it is a business interest, and business interests are based on majority rule. This takes me to my next and somewhat related point...

With respect to the falling out, do I think that should have happened? Respectfully, no. I don't think so. I never thought this community was toxic, I honestly thought it was all good humor and most of the conflict was kept in private and stuff. Barely anyone watches the forum except the OG players. Adding more good people was the solution, not removing more bad people, and I don't think the bad people were the factor preventing the good ones from retaining interest. I could be wrong. Supposedly, this was a business decision and hence would benefit more people over the long-run. I guess we will see about that.

In conclusion, I still think that we should get into a Skype or Discord call as a community and talk to each other. Dave can explain the reasons he did everything. His reasons are undoubtedly legitimate, but subject to debate. And I still think that a community-wide agreement can be made to limit our own toxicity and be nicer people, not for the sake of Dave but for the sake of why Dave did all of this in the first place—for atwar. It should not be difficult to schedule some kind of real meeting.

WW1 was not taken down permanently, it was taken down in protest to recent pointless bans, and would've been restored when said bans were revoked. If a content creator taking down his own content in protest is not a valid form of protest, I don't know what is.

In addition most scenario players have been on board with the protests and thus supported both Dire's and Aetius' map takedowns, the people complaining about WW1 being down are a minority of people like Toku (a known troll and leaver) who care nothing about either Aetius or the game beyond consuming the product they're given.
----
Someone Better Than You
Carregando...
Carregando...
13.11.2021 - 16:55
When problems like these happened long ago and people complained about map makers hiding their maps in order to gain influence over them/ punish mods for unbanning people from their maps, Amok/Ivan added a new rule to terms of service stating that the maps are owned by the game.
Map makers basically agreed to the terms of service even if anyone disagrees to that(although in aetius's case it was a rip off since they added ownership term after he made it), On the same time the map maker's opinion of whom contributed heavily in bringing a revenue to the game up till the point the owner wouldn't let go of it deserves respect.
Had his opinion got respected he wouldn't have done this to begin with.
----
Our next Moments are Tomorrows Memories
Carregando...
Carregando...
14.11.2021 - 01:27
Lol who cares cant fill heheh
Carregando...
Carregando...
14.11.2021 - 04:27
Imagine being a mapmaker right now. I guess you should bury your ideas and dont make maps. Let the maps be made by kgb or sean or dave. Lets see how well made their maps will be )
Carregando...
Carregando...
14.11.2021 - 07:38
Escrito por Ruse, 14.11.2021 at 02:17

These whining bastards should never even be given the right to speak. The purpose of the conspirators who wanted to dig the grave of the game was clear from the beginning and the result is clear. It is already known who the nazi bitch who made ww1 is, but it is sad that even players like direwarlord comes to the game of these conspirators. they created an atmosphere of trauma in the game and achieved the result they wanted in a few days. What they achieve won't last long, but it's a lesson to be learned. the fact that they still roam the forums is a funny indication of their ruin. I remind the players who are deceived by the conspirators and continue to harm the game, that what they are trying to do will not hurt either Dave or the moderators they hate, it will only harm the game and the players. Just a few months ago, when I came home from work or during my night shifts, there would always be community games in atwar that would help me get through my shifts more comfortably, but now we are faced with a state of collective unconsciousness that has been followed by some obscure fabrication. immediately stop harming the game!

also dave should quickly save the game from the trolls who are still spreading negativity on the forum and in the game.

Its funny when you use words like collective unconsciousness to act intelligent, not knowing what it means and who said it. Its sad
Carregando...
Carregando...
14.11.2021 - 07:55
Escrito por gothboy, 14.11.2021 at 01:27

Lol who cares cant fill heheh

Bump
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
Carregando...
Carregando...
14.11.2021 - 12:03
Escrito por ITSGG1122, 14.11.2021 at 04:27

Imagine being a mapmaker right now. I guess you should bury your ideas and dont make maps. Let the maps be made by kgb or sean or dave. Lets see how well made their maps will be )

xaxxaxa kgb as a mapmaker xD
Carregando...
Carregando...
15.11.2021 - 11:36
Message deleted by Witch-Doctor. Reason: Banned player
Carregando...
Carregando...
15.11.2021 - 20:26
Delete ww1 cuz its trash
----
USA USA USA
Carregando...
Carregando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidade | Termos de serviço | Insígnias | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Junte-se a nós no

Espalhe a palavra