Obtenha o Premium para esconder todos os anúncios
Publicações: 33   Visitado por: 98 users
24.06.2020 - 12:01
Despite what this title suggests, i still think leavers should be punished, just in a more mild way. I think that leavers should only be banned from the map they left from, if they committed it twice, not once. Notice how I only said "the map." Not all the maps the mapmaker has made.
I suggest that only after 4 times of leaving AND proof that the leaver clearly is not trying to fix what he/she is done and stop leaving, that then we ban the leaver from all the mapmaker's maps. But, you will also receive a message from a mod after the second or third time they leave, so a witness will have to speak to the mod.

But, if the role the player left doesn't matter too much, and/or the player tells you it is something important, leave the poor player alone. The player wouldn't deserve such backlash if that happened.

I think that this is appropriate, and that instead of punishing the player with an iron fist, we want players to enjoy the game, not like those loony people who think we should eradicate half of the players from the game because they left a match to go to the toilet in 2014.

Forget the past, and make way for a good future.
Carregando...
Carregando...
24.06.2020 - 15:57
Disagree for the reasons that some people intentionally want to troll games and this will let people get off the hook. They could hate the map maker on a personal level and just want to see them and their maps fail by afk'ing or leaving and they can get away with it. And once they get close to that 4 they can go under the radar and stop trolling on their main account and use alts even to troll in the mean time until the map maker just forgets about them.

Sure this scenario sounds outlandish and maybe even improbable but there are people who don't care about a map maker's rules at all, I mean there was literally a guy who would wallfuck their enemies in every game and didn't care nor was phased by game/map bans and kept doing it. But you're just enabling people who just want to be blatant trolls to get away with trolling easier.

Also regarding the mod part, unfortunately mods are unable to intervene with map maker's maps being trolled by players, the most we can do is encourage the map makers to ban trolls from their maps(the very thing you're against in the first place)
Carregando...
Carregando...
24.06.2020 - 16:08
The only type of change to banlist change I'd advocate for is progressive bans. Kind of like repeated offenders. If a person gets banned for a reasonable reason such as trolling that the person can't even argue then it counts as a flag and the more times they get banned after increases the length. At least that's how I typically do bans on my maps. I start with 1 month > 2/3 months(depending on severity of troll and intention) > 5 months > 6 months. Usually I'll unban someone if they ask to be unbanned and apologize for trolling and hold them to their word to not troll again and if they turn around and troll again then I give them a more lengthened ban
Carregando...
Carregando...
24.06.2020 - 16:42
The ban function should be removed entirely. Hosts and mapmakers abuse it all the time to ban people who should not be banned, like myself
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Carregando...
Carregando...
25.06.2020 - 09:20
Escrito por Black Vortex, 24.06.2020 at 15:57

Disagree for the reasons that some people intentionally want to troll games and this will let people get off the hook. They could hate the map maker on a personal level and just want to see them and their maps fail by afk'ing or leaving and they can get away with it. And once they get close to that 4 they can go under the radar and stop trolling on their main account and use alts even to troll in the mean time until the map maker just forgets about them.

Sure this scenario sounds outlandish and maybe even improbable but there are people who don't care about a map maker's rules at all, I mean there was literally a guy who would wallfuck their enemies in every game and didn't care nor was phased by game/map bans and kept doing it. But you're just enabling people who just want to be blatant trolls to get away with trolling easier.

Also regarding the mod part, unfortunately mods are unable to intervene with map maker's maps being trolled by players, the most we can do is encourage the map makers to ban trolls from their maps(the very thing you're against in the first place)

Oh...if those intentions are brewing, simply take a screenie...send it to mapmaker? Listen, I'm not a smart guy, I dunno how to solve that part...
Carregando...
Carregando...
25.06.2020 - 09:21
Escrito por Tribune Aquila, 24.06.2020 at 16:42

The ban function should be removed entirely. Hosts and mapmakers abuse it all the time to ban people who should not be banned, like myself

But again, the intentional trolls should not go unpunished. So someone needs to screenshot proof that they are/not guilty of leaving with an intention. WE NEED PROOF!
Sean, we shouldnt take away whole ban function, you just experinced some really messed up dudes who want to see the community burn...
Carregando...
Carregando...
25.06.2020 - 09:24
Escrito por Black Vortex, 24.06.2020 at 16:08

The only type of change to banlist change I'd advocate for is progressive bans. Kind of like repeated offenders. If a person gets banned for a reasonable reason such as trolling that the person can't even argue then it counts as a flag and the more times they get banned after increases the length. At least that's how I typically do bans on my maps. I start with 1 month > 2/3 months(depending on severity of troll and intention) > 5 months > 6 months. Usually I'll unban someone if they ask to be unbanned and apologize for trolling and hold them to their word to not troll again and if they turn around and troll again then I give them a more lengthened ban

So kind of like what I said, but with a "3 strikes, you are out" little function, and after thsoe strikes = longer ban? It's a good idea, but I don't think those nutheads who think they should remove all leaver's accounts would agree.
Carregando...
Carregando...
25.06.2020 - 09:33

i remember some guy banned me from his game and the reason was just one word and it was just "fag"
Carregando...
Carregando...
25.06.2020 - 11:28
Escrito por s_1292c316c9, 25.06.2020 at 09:33

i remember some guy banned me from his game and the reason was just one word and it was just "fag"

Well, that dude is...i dont know.. mean? Abusive of a thing?
Carregando...
Carregando...
25.06.2020 - 15:26
Escrito por Novus Scythius, 24.06.2020 at 12:01

- lots of uninformed opinions -

A lot of map makers have had systems where they warn players (especially the more popular map makers)

However, usually, these people do not respond well to warnings and in fact, insult the people who warn them.

Bans should be contextual and it is unlikely cartographers will ban if the crime was not a large one.
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
25.06.2020 - 15:27
Escrito por Novus Scythius, 25.06.2020 at 09:24

It's a good idea, but I don't think those nutheads who think they should remove all leaver's accounts would agree.

What nutheads are we talking about here. Who is this?
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
25.06.2020 - 16:59
Because mapmakers have nothing better to do with their lives than keep track of how many times each random leaver shit has left and give the unapologetic fucks among their ranks infinite chances to troll by ruining other maps. Genius.
----
Someone Better Than You
Carregando...
Carregando...
25.06.2020 - 17:19
If the player wants to be unbanned, he is the one who should ask for a second chance.
Mapmaking is already time-consuming, most creators probably don't have the time to police their games
Carregando...
Carregando...
26.06.2020 - 00:42
If we had a collective ban list, in which multiple map makers could add players to the list. We could have a progressive banlist system. Since a collective ban list would save all the map makers time. Which means, if trolls are caught faster and it takes less commitment from the map makers to ban them, and the bans are more effective - the bans don't need to be so long or unforgiving in insight.
Carregando...
Carregando...
26.06.2020 - 06:49
Escrito por Tundy, 26.06.2020 at 00:42

If we had a collective ban list, in which multiple map makers could add players to the list. We could have a progressive banlist system. Since a collective ban list would save all the map makers time. Which means, if trolls are caught faster and it takes less commitment from the map makers to ban them, and the bans are more effective - the bans don't need to be so long or unforgiving in insight.

But there is such a thing as a collective banlist
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
26.06.2020 - 07:22
Escrito por Professor Adog, 25.06.2020 at 15:27

Escrito por Novus Scythius, 25.06.2020 at 09:24

It's a good idea, but I don't think those nutheads who think they should remove all leaver's accounts would agree.

What nutheads are we talking about here. Who is this?

https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=45026
Carregando...
Carregando...
26.06.2020 - 07:23
Escrito por Zephyrusu, 25.06.2020 at 16:59

Because mapmakers have nothing better to do with their lives than keep track of how many times each random leaver shit has left and give the unapologetic fucks among their ranks infinite chances to troll by ruining other maps. Genius.

Oh look! The atwar ban leaver nuthead? How is life? Just go away m8..This is a way to better the system..not what you said *ERADICATE THEM FROM ATWAR*
Carregando...
Carregando...
26.06.2020 - 09:18
Escrito por Novus Scythius, 26.06.2020 at 07:23

Oh look! The atwar ban leaver nuthead? How is life? Just go away m8..This is a way to better the system..not what you said *ERADICATE THEM FROM ATWAR*

Your suggestion allows a person who does not often play a map to troll it without consequence. You have no idea how many times I've seen people say "whatever, ban me, I don't play this map anyway", and you basically want to enable them. But sure, let's give the guy who trolled my 20-player game I spent two hours hosting another chance, since he is a vital element of atWar that we could not do without. Let's unban Unleashed while we're at it.
----
Someone Better Than You
Carregando...
Carregando...
28.06.2020 - 06:51
Escrito por Novus Scythius, 24.06.2020 at 12:01

Despite what this title suggests, i still think leavers should be punished, just in a more mild way. I think that leavers should only be banned from the map they left from, if they committed it twice, not once. Notice how I only said "the map." Not all the maps the mapmaker has made.
I suggest that only after 4 times of leaving AND proof that the leaver clearly is not trying to fix what he/she is done and stop leaving, that then we ban the leaver from all the mapmaker's maps. But, you will also receive a message from a mod after the second or third time they leave, so a witness will have to speak to the mod.

But, if the role the player left doesn't matter too much, and/or the player tells you it is something important, leave the poor player alone. The player wouldn't deserve such backlash if that happened.

I think that this is appropriate, and that instead of punishing the player with an iron fist, we want players to enjoy the game, not like those loony people who think we should eradicate half of the players from the game because they left a match to go to the toilet in 2014.

Forget the past, and make way for a good future.

Okay first paragraph. Why is this necessary? What people leave games 1-2 times but is not 'trolling'? There does not seem to be any reason why anyone would leave a game.
Perhaps a emergency came up and they had to leave? In that case they can go to the mapmaker and apologize. (then apologize to the players as well)
Multiple emergencies? Well i hope you get better soon then, but then the question is, why are you playing so many games when you know the chance of you having to leave is high? Even if you need to leave in emergencies, its still up to the people in the game (which you ruin) to forgive? Assume its a 10 player scenario game. 9 other people have had their game ruined if you leave, say turn 10? That is a collective 6 hours you waste + whatever time it took to fill which is like a pretty long time tbh.

Second paragraph. Role doesn't matter? Screen shot every player in that game saying yea you can leave and sure? -> if everyone does agree you can leave you are not going to be reported for leaving.
"the player tells you it is something important, leave the poor player alone" mapmakers probably will allow you to play their maps if you apologize if its an emergency.
As i mentioned earlier however, you are still ruining people's games by leaving. In the end it doesn't matter if its an emergency or not for the other players, they had free time and joined a game and it got ruined. Sure, most the time if it is an emergency people will forgive you. BUT forgiveness is not a right, it is given if people feel like it.

Third paragraph
"we want players to enjoy the game" Are the people who are effected by a person leaving not players?
Final point how are you leaving a match going to the toilet? Most games are 4-6 mins. At the start of a turn make your moves fast then end turn then go to toilet and do the next turn fast in the remaining minutes
Carregando...
Carregando...
11.07.2020 - 07:37
Mods shouldnt be able to interfere in any ban given by anyone
----

>playing atwar:

Furthermore, I consider that NWE must be destroyed
Carregando...
Carregando...
12.07.2020 - 09:10

agree with everything but the last two words
----
they said play atwar,they said it would be fun,dam

We are not the same - I am a Martian
Carregando...
Carregando...
12.07.2020 - 09:11
Escrito por j-e-s-u-s, 11.07.2020 at 07:37

pff than every single noob would be banned genius
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
12.07.2020 - 09:12
Escrito por Novus Scythius, 26.06.2020 at 07:23

Escrito por Zephyrusu, 25.06.2020 at 16:59

why u make a thred that makes no fucking sence
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
12.07.2020 - 09:16
Just to comment on this fucking toxic thred

players should only be able to map ban for 1 month at a time with a 1 week cool down if they want ban the person again

but when it comes to a personal game ban thats up to the player and he doesnt need any reason

so enough with this high and low rank whining fest about who mistreated who this is why fucking atwars dieing the old and new gaurds cant get there head out of there own assś and get along with each other
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
12.07.2020 - 09:18

pfff your saying this if you have never left a game or went afk before and some mapmakers are just fucking toxic and ban for no reason
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
12.07.2020 - 12:16
Escrito por Echoo, 12.07.2020 at 09:11

if map maker was bothered enough by their abuse they should get the boot
----

>playing atwar:

Carregando...
Carregando...
12.07.2020 - 13:27
Escrito por j-e-s-u-s, 12.07.2020 at 12:16

Escrito por Echoo, 12.07.2020 at 09:11

if map maker was bothered enough by their abuse they should get the boot

there noobs they dont know better
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
12.07.2020 - 13:49
Escrito por Echoo, 12.07.2020 at 13:27

there noobs they dont know better

i got banned several times in the past by map makers, never went to the mods to cry, i asked the map maker to nicely remove it because of a. b. c. etc, even when i was r5, beign a lowrank or a noob doesnt mean you dont have a brain, but if you lack the social abillities to make a civil talk with someone you perhaps shouldnt play this game, let alone maps which most of the time have teams in it
----

>playing atwar:

Carregando...
Carregando...
12.07.2020 - 18:45
Escrito por Echoo, 12.07.2020 at 09:18

pfff your saying this if you have never left a game or went afk before and some mapmakers are just fucking toxic and ban for no reason

make your own maps
Carregando...
Carregando...
12.07.2020 - 18:50
Escrito por Tundy, 12.07.2020 at 18:45

Escrito por Echoo, 12.07.2020 at 09:18

make your own maps

u try making a map that isnt shit than come back and tell me to make maps
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidade | Termos de serviço | Insígnias | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Junte-se a nós no

Espalhe a palavra