Obtenha o Premium para esconder todos os anúncios
Publicações: 29   Visitado por: 99 users
04.03.2012 - 11:54
Discard it completely. Just let both players complete all their moves unfettered. If someone tried to TB a stack "A" (and said stack was trying to move somewhere else), stack A would get to move to whereever it wanted. If stack B had enough range leftover, it would follow stack A and engage it at the place player A wanted it to go to.
----
You may not have heard of me yet. It doesn't matter; you will soon enough.
Carregando...
Carregando...
04.03.2012 - 23:52
What's the problem with turnblocking?
----
Escrito por Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
Carregando...
Carregando...
05.03.2012 - 02:23
Escrito por notserral, 04.03.2012 at 23:52

What's the problem with turnblocking?

This.
Learn how to handle blocks noobs. And stop creating those threads every second day.
Carregando...
Carregando...
05.03.2012 - 19:17
Turn blocking is a legit strategy. I don't know anyone who doesn't use it. It's really useful.
----
~Somewhere in the distance an eagle shrieked as it rode an American buffalo to an apple-pie-eating contest at a baseball field.~
Carregando...
Carregando...
05.03.2012 - 21:02
Escrito por Tundy, 05.03.2012 at 19:30

But is fucking annoying when you have 50 troops out of your capital, and they capture it,
just 1 turn to lose, and when you attack 4 troops with your 50, they turn block your attack and you lost, xD
that is fucking annoying

That's a legitimate use of turnblocking. As the old saying goes, learn to play.
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
05.03.2012 - 21:37
If you can't beat 'em...

join 'em.
----
~Somewhere in the distance an eagle shrieked as it rode an American buffalo to an apple-pie-eating contest at a baseball field.~
Carregando...
Carregando...
06.03.2012 - 00:46
Escrito por Tundy, 05.03.2012 at 17:12

turn bloking is for noobs like you

Good counter mang. 5/5 keep bloking

Escrito por Tundy, 05.03.2012 at 19:30

But is fucking annoying when you have 50 troops out of your capital, and they capture it,
just 1 turn to lose, and when you attack 4 troops with your 50, they turn block your attack and you lost, xD
that is fucking annoying

And this is what I mean: Why do you stack 50 units? Stop blaiming turnblocks for your own lack of skill. Learn to play and you won't care about turnblocks anymore. There are so many threads which show all ways to counter turnblocks, just stop whining and get some information newf*-riend
Carregando...
Carregando...
06.03.2012 - 18:01
Ok.
Unless you're using marines (which I wouldn't do this either since if the enemy sees your stack, you're screwed) you don't make huge stacks of troops. You make a bunch of smaller stacks, and move them all. Then when you get them where you want them to go, attack the place with all the different stacks.
There, turn blocking solved, to an extent.
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
06.03.2012 - 19:05
Escrito por Tundy, 06.03.2012 at 17:59

is possible to make a new pvp system of battle?

FIXING THIS:

Player1: Squad (A) attack (target)
Player2: Squad (B) attack (A)

Result: Squad (A) Get Turn Blocked and Squad (B) destroyed

WITH A NEW LIKE THIS:

Player1: Squad (A) attack (target)
Player2: Squad (B) attack (A)

Result: Squad (B) fight with (A).
"If (B) get destroyed"
(A) attack (target) with remaining Units

Seriously. No.

inb4 you're a noob, Pulse
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
06.03.2012 - 19:06
Play more and you'll get better at minimizing this problem
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Carregando...
Carregando...
06.03.2012 - 21:10
If your against turn blocking, you obviously don't know how to do it. War isn't fair. Afterwind is a war game.
----
~My plump juicy breasts are none of your god damn business~
Carregando...
Carregando...
06.03.2012 - 22:37
Let's talking about what the ideal game mechanics for Afterwind would be in the ideas forum. Shutting down people who are against turnblocking by telling them "it's part of the game - get used to it" doesn't make the game any better.

So I ask you, is there a better alternative to turn blocking? I don't know of one. Sure, stacks can be manually divided, but I don't think the game play should change to get *around* a game mechanic. Mechanics should improve the game without making gameplay frustrating for new people to learn.
----
CONAN! What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!
Carregando...
Carregando...
07.03.2012 - 06:00
 YOBA
It's not a game mechanic FFS. It's an exploitation of the mechanics. But we've looked at various alternatives, and the maths doesn't work out. It's just not possible.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Carregando...
Carregando...
07.03.2012 - 08:40
Escrito por YOBA, 07.03.2012 at 06:00

It's just not possible.

Not possible and not necessary. Turnblocks are just another factor to take into account when thinking about one's moves. Without turnblocks AW would be annoying.
Carregando...
Carregando...
07.03.2012 - 09:37
Escrito por AdmittingZero, 06.03.2012 at 22:37

Let's talking about what the ideal game mechanics for Afterwind would be in the ideas forum. Shutting down people who are against turnblocking by telling them "it's part of the game - get used to it" doesn't make the game any better.

So I ask you, is there a better alternative to turn blocking? I don't know of one. Sure, stacks can be manually divided, but I don't think the game play should change to get *around* a game mechanic. Mechanics should improve the game without making gameplay frustrating for new people to learn.

Well, one solution to the problem is to make it so that the chances of turnblocking are based on stack size. This way, to block a 100 unit stack, you'd have more chances using a 90 unit stack than with a 10 unit stack.
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
08.03.2012 - 17:09
Escrito por Tundy, 08.03.2012 at 16:57

Escrito por Riffdis, 06.03.2012 at 21:10

If your against turn blocking, you obviously don't know how to do it. War isn't fair. Afterwind is a war game.

war is not fear
but in real life, 5000 tanks can kill 100 infantry in hours, no city or wall can stop a tank, is just insane to think about 50 tanks vs 10 infatrys, they get kill in less than 20 minutes,
tanks are bullet proof, faster, and can destroy buildings.

and in afterwind 50 tanks get stuck 1 week againts 1 infantry

And in afterwind you fight mechs and bombers need six weeks from Europe to America.
It's a game and turnblocking is part of it + forces people to think and therefor makes games more interesting. Deal with it or leave and play WoW.
Inb4 'I quit WoW because they have orcs. Orcs don't exist in real life.'.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.03.2012 - 18:21
SuperiorCacaocow
Conta apagada
Escrito por Tundy, 08.03.2012 at 18:08

Turn block = fail on the system = glitch = abuse a glitch = noob

If I were you I would stop posting at this point. You will never be able to restore your reputation after the shit you just wrote.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.03.2012 - 18:25

Not really. As every person in this thread has already said, it's a part of the game. Admins have said that it is impossible to take out turnblocking from the system. It's rooted into the fabric of the game much too deeply and would screw up the entire turn system. There are many ways to deal with it, from walling to dividing stacks. All you have to do is learn how to play the game. It's a tactic, not a glitch.

Trying to get a part of the game changed because you can't deal with it=noob
----
Czech yourself before you wreck yourself.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.03.2012 - 18:58
Escrito por Tundy, 08.03.2012 at 16:57

Escrito por Riffdis, 06.03.2012 at 21:10

war is not fear,
but in real life, 5000 tanks can kill 100 infantry in hours, no city or wall can stop a tank, is just insane to think about 50 tanks vs 10 infatrys, they get kill in less than 20 minutes,
tanks are bullet proof, faster, and can destroy buildings.

and in afterwind 50 tanks get stuck 1 week againts 1 infantry

Uh... he said "fair" not "fear. In real life, you'd never see 5000 tanks attack an area. It's unrealistic. You talk about realism, and yet you say unrealistic things.
Also, ever heard of rockets? They can take out tanks.
Finally, don't think of 1 infantry as "one" person. Each "one" is actually a "squad" of people. So yeah, a squad of people could hold up a squad of tanks. Maybe not for a week, but they could still hold them up.
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.03.2012 - 19:02

fail≠glitch.
Learn your words, you seem to have a problem with them.
Amok (I believe he's the programmer, not sure about that) knowingly allowed turn blocking into the system. So it's not a "glitch".
And again, why don't you read what other people have suggested?
Instead of one huge stack, make smaller stacks, move them all to where ever you want them to go, then attack the area with all the individual stacks.
lrn2play
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.03.2012 - 19:03
Escrito por Guest, 08.03.2012 at 18:21

If I were you I would stop posting at this point. You will never be able to restore your reputation after the shit you just wrote.

And as my final point...
this.
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.03.2012 - 19:15
If you knew how to beat turn-blocking you wouldn't be complaining about it.
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.03.2012 - 22:28
 KYBL
Nice win loss ratio, do you leave every time someone gets your cap"
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
08.03.2012 - 23:01
Escrito por Tundy, 08.03.2012 at 19:10
i never lost a game againts turn blocking

Favorite strategies: Lucky Bastard, Perfect Defence, Iron Fist

Of course. Lucky Bastard affects the turnblocking chance.
----

Carregando...
Carregando...
09.03.2012 - 10:41
Escrito por notserral, 08.03.2012 at 23:01

Favorite strategies: Lucky Bastard, Perfect Defence, Iron Fist

Of course. Lucky Bastard affects the turnblocking chance.

And thats why its Lucky
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Carregando...
Carregando...
09.03.2012 - 13:18
SuperiorCacaocow
Conta apagada

i dont care if you guys turn block.

Escrito por Tundy, 05.03.2012 at 17:12

turn bloking is for noobs like you

im not a noob!

Escrito por notserral, 08.03.2012 at 23:01

Favorite strategy: Lucky Bastard

This thread is comedy.
Carregando...
Carregando...
09.03.2012 - 13:38
Lol agreed.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Carregando...
Carregando...
09.03.2012 - 17:32
Lucky bastard is the best strategy if you are on europe and you dont wanna have any strategy
LOL
----
Nothing to impede progress. If you want to see the fate of democracies, look out the windows.
Carregando...
Carregando...
09.03.2012 - 18:10
Escrito por KYBL, 08.03.2012 at 22:28

Nice win loss ratio, do you leave every time someone gets your cap"

Me?
Used to, but now I try and fight back before just surrendering.
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidade | Termos de serviço | Insígnias | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Junte-se a nós no

Espalhe a palavra