Obtenha o Premium para esconder todos os anúncios
Publicações: 26   Visitado por: 294 users
07.11.2011 - 16:10
I have no idea how to use marines. Could somebody give me tips on how to use marines properly?
Carregando...
Carregando...
07.11.2011 - 17:07
Basicly you use em to make sneak attacks by using stealth attacking where your opponent can't see them moving (caps) and use them as diversions while your main force takes there cites stomping out all their units.

"LilD" best rapper on AW
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 12:26
Attacks have a certain order. So in offense, the highest offensive units attack first, in defence, the highest defensive units defend first.

If you are going to attack a city with bombers for example, send in weak offense units. Also, in MoS, stealth's have higher attack than marines so you can send stealth's to attack along with one marine.

Marines are great because they are invisible. The weakness of tank players is their units are fairly slow and vulnerable. So always hit them when they are alone.

Try using GW in Asia. That's how I learnt how to use marines and from there I started using the same tactics in Europe, after that I switched to MoS.

So try GW in Asia. Take North Korea, take Japan asap and cut through Asia. You will be able to spam them guys out and annihilation anything in your path.

One thing to note. When fighting infantry, try to use about the same number of marines, when up against militia, yuo can use just below their number. Of course, I have alot of upgrades so it might be different for you.

At your stage you might want to aim for marine upgrades, like faster marines, lucky marines etc. Air Transport is another great one and of course, submarine upgrades.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 12:46
One of the problems LilD had in Asia is that he would bulk his marines into one stack. This is a bad idea. Send them out in groups of 8 or ten, unless the city you are taking has alot more units defending it. Firstly, if that gets spotted, consider those units dead, secondly, it's a waste. Never get a big bulk of marines and take one city at a time. In GW and almost any strat, you will want to take as much land from the enemy as possible, preferably at the same time and even better if you do it just before a reinforcement week. A capital isn't important unless you can take it and hold it. Their production and money is way more important. Cut them off from their cash and producers.

Use those 8-10 groups of marines to take their cities. One thing India players do, WAY too often, is to leave their cities with no units. So get some subs, fill them with marines and head for those undefended cities. Make sure it isn't a reinforcement week as those singular marines will end up attacking the enemies troops when all you want to do is harass them and take their cities. Take the 0 cities with one single marine and once you have it. Ring that sucker with some militia. You have now, with very little expense and effort, cut off the enemy from production and cash.

With marines, you should spread out far and wide and keep pumping them, taking areas. Depending on how much money you get, you should use ATs at the start to go for those high income areas ASAP. Always keep spreading, fortifying and pushing.

I call it ''momentum.'' As an offensive GW player, you want the enemy on the defensive. You will want their entire front constantly under attack and dismantled. You will have marines spamming across the entire front, attacking in subs if you can, supported by bombers from your far back cities (or just marines if you have the time)

Now this is from all from an Asian GW point of view in a Eurasiafrica map. And as an Asian GW player you will realize that there are chock hold points. As in there are gaps in your production which make it difficult to push and take the next important objective. These areas are Between China and India, Afghanistan and Iran, Turkey and the Balkans. Most likely, if you have taken as far as Turkey, a good enemy can hold you there. This is because you are now in their backyard, they have all the production while the Middle East is far.

There are also key areas you will need to hold. Iran, Turkey, India. They are what I call the objectives. They are the most important, and if I'm going to take them, I'm going to pump them with defense beforehand along with offense.

Now as you push, I always say, RING YOUR CITIES. Your front line should also have defence lines. As in a line you keep pushing and rebuilding to stop incoming troops. It REALLY REALLY pisses people off and people usually ask why I have so many lines. It's because it stops movement giving me free reign to go in and out.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 13:11
Marines: The art of.

Now, if you haven't already, you should familiarize yourself with Guerrilla warfare, no, not the strategy, the tactic. If you have a good knowledge of how it works, then apply the ideals to marines. Only in Afterwinds case, use marines as what we used to call "Invisible tanks", make stacks of them like tanks, and use them to secretly take a random enemy country / city so the enemy is alarmed and will automatically make taking that country / city back priority no.1. While they do that, take all your enemy's unguarded countries / cities, and voila- your enemy is pretty much fucked. You can change you options for marines the more you learn how to use them, but this is the basic tactic they are for.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 13:22
Escrito por Tik-Tok, 08.11.2011 at 12:26

One thing to note. When fighting infantry, try to use about the same number of marines, when up against militia, yuo can use just below their number. Of course, I have alot of upgrades so it might be different for you.

Yeah, I noticed when attacking infantry, I sometimes use 1 more marine than there are infantry and still lose.
Escrito por Tik-Tok, 08.11.2011 at 12:26

At your stage you might want to aim for marine upgrades, like faster marines, lucky marines etc. Air Transport is another great one and of course, submarine upgrades.

I bought cheaper marines. It isnt helping as much as I thought it would.
Escrito por Tik-Tok, 08.11.2011 at 12:46

A capital isn't important unless you can take it and hold it. Their production and money is way more important. Cut them off from their cash and producers.

Well that's very good information. I would always try to capture and take all the capitals, and end up sending my troops into retreat when one fell.
Escrito por Tik-Tok, 08.11.2011 at 12:46

you should use ATs at the start

You mean those 800 dollar things that never die and always end up bogging down my finances?
Escrito por Garde, 08.11.2011 at 13:11

Only in Afterwinds case, use marines as what we used to call "Invisible tanks", make stacks of them like tanks, and use them to secretly take a random enemy country / city so the enemy is alarmed and will automatically make taking that country / city back priority no.1. While they do that, take all your enemy's unguarded countries / cities, and voila- your enemy is pretty much fucked.

Hphm. That might actually work.

Armed with this knowledge, I believe I am ready to play a eurasia game.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 14:44
I couldnt find a eurasia game so I played a world game. I won, top SP, top money, top cities, top everything.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 14:49
Escrito por Runway1R, 08.11.2011 at 14:44

I couldnt find a eurasia game so I played a world game. I won, top SP, top money, top cities, top everything.

That'll be $5.00 sir.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 14:50
Escrito por Garde, 08.11.2011 at 14:49

That'll be $5.00 sir.

Sorry to say, I didnt use your advice this time around.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 14:51
Escrito por Runway1R, 08.11.2011 at 14:50

That'll be $5.00 sir.

*Hisses at NatFan in preparation for mauling*
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 14:52
Escrito por Garde, 08.11.2011 at 14:51

Escrito por Runway1R, 08.11.2011 at 14:50

That'll be $5.00 sir.

*Hisses at NatFan in preparation for mauling*

*runs away screaming*
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 16:56
Why do people always refer to Guerilla tactics, when it comes to marines? It's not like that. It's more like the infiltration tactics that were used by stormtroopers in WW1.
Do not stop at enemy strong points and try to conquer them, pass them. Always go around, keep going with your main force, no matter what. Meanwhile keep up a low scale defense. Position your marines next to as many country capitals you can. Be patient. Wait till your troops sit next to a good amount of them. Then strike in a single blow, just in the round reinforcements arrive.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 17:02
Escrito por learster, 08.11.2011 at 16:56

Why do people always refer to Guerilla tactics, when it comes to marines? It's not like that. It's more like the infiltration tactics that were used by stormtroopers in WW1.
Do not stop at enemy strong points and try to conquer them, pass them. Always go around, keep going with your main force, no matter what. Meanwhile keep up a low scale defense. Position your marines next to as many country capitals you can. Be patient. Wait till your troops sit next to a good amount of them. Then strike in a single blow, just in the round reinforcements arrive.

Takes to much time and too less SP.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 17:10
Wrong.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 20:56
Escrito por Garde, 08.11.2011 at 17:02

Wrong².
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 21:15
Escrito por Pinheiro, 08.11.2011 at 20:56

Escrito por Garde, 08.11.2011 at 17:02

Wrong².

You tell others not to post off-topic...why exactly are you doing it? please change your msg. to make it more useful or just get rid of it please. Also @ nat, I saw you using them earlier, nice job
I also have a question: I have not used MoS in ages, has it gotten any better? (have not payed attention to it's threads in awhile).
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 21:21
Not really. I'm just saying you are wrong when you say that the GW tactic presented by Learster is slow or not SP worthy.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 21:23
Escrito por Pinheiro, 08.11.2011 at 21:21

Not really. I'm just saying you are wrong when you say that the GW tactic presented by Learster is slow or not SP worthy.

In my opinion it isn't, you can gain a lot more SP by repetitiously spamming marines as invisi-tanks and taking out everything the enemy has rather than taking out your target and ending it there or proceeding. A person cannot be "wrong" for their opinion. If you have anything else to say about this section, please bring it to PM.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.11.2011 - 21:34
If you are playing against PD, SM or IF you will most likely be outbumbered on troops and suffer fro mlack of offensive attack. Things are even worse if it's a continental invasion.

Trying to do a hit-and-run tactic with GW marines is a waste of potential in my opinion, since you not only earning less SP, for capturing less cities, but you are also giving more SP to your enemy, who has an easier treat to deal, since he can focus his attacks on less spots and, by doing that, destroying most of your marines on a weak defensive position.

Also, the chances of winning by capturing multiple countries in the reinforcement week are way bigger in my opinion. GW isn't a strategy designed to keep action in a frontier position.
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
09.11.2011 - 04:34
I agree with gard that "wrong" was quite hypocritical of you, seeing as you complain about posting off-topic posts and it was quite unneeded without an explanation (especially having been posted before and you reposting it, you might as well just quote and not say anything lol)

anyways, GW is too cheap to not faceroll a ton of units - if you avoid countries and go further back without getting a massive radius of countries you will never hold a decent front and the attack will be nothing more than a distraction

though I hardly believe GW is based on the marines anymore, people have realized how strong militia really are. (movement really doesn't matter in eurasia, you can chain transport all the way to turkey if you really wanted to)

that's why I have switched to MoS, since GW is really overpowered and focuses more on militia than marines now; especially in 1v1. I just feel too cheap using it until it is fixed.
----
Escrito por Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Escrito por tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Carregando...
Carregando...
09.11.2011 - 05:14
Escrito por Fruit, 09.11.2011 at 04:34
especially in 1v1. I just feel too cheap using it until it is fixed.

Really? To me, GW is a strategy that works way better in multiple frontiers game.

I don't see any advantage on playing GW in a 1v1 against PD, IF, GC or SM unless it's an especific situation.

You are a good player and you can do well with GW in a 1v1. That doesn't really mean anything to the general balancement, but I'm willing to do some tests with you about this cheap advantage that GW has in a 1v1 fight.
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
15.11.2011 - 21:58
 vbf
I normally use GW to harass whoever I am facing by sending marines past the frontline and forcing them to move troops back to recapture their countries, giving me an opportunity to push foward. Plus it is annoying as hell to have to keep recapturing your countries over and over again. The militia you get from capturing countries are more effective, making you even more annoying. I don't play MoS but I would assume it doesn't vary that much from using GW.
Carregando...
Carregando...
19.11.2011 - 02:30
High Emperor
Conta apagada
Personally I would use them for Destroying lines and capitals.

Since Marines are invisible most of the time, If you have GW you can destroy a Defence Line with marines (80price) rather than using a bomber (160 or something). It saves money too.

I would advice you not to use MOS because GW is now better.

We all know how Italy and France are both useless countries to play with, but with GW and some skill you can adapt to defensive play and maybe win too.

If you are using GW in a 10k game or 5k game it will suit best, pick a low country like Poland Ukraine or Greece etc.. then you have a lot of money remaining, and you can expand alot. Poland is a good choice.

Marines can be used to do a lot of sneaky attacks, and obviously unlike tanks, they are invisible

If you want a good teacher, of GW, ask Winfeng. He is magnificent
Carregando...
Carregando...
21.11.2011 - 07:05
 Leaf
About filling submarines with marines and going behind enemy lines to capture their caps just before reinforcement week.

I know it would work with MoS well since they provide subs with an extra capacity but would it work with GW? I am aware that it may not work as well but, is it worth it?
Carregando...
Carregando...
21.11.2011 - 11:38
High Emperor
Conta apagada
Escrito por Leaf, 21.11.2011 at 07:05

About filling submarines with marines and going behind enemy lines to capture their caps just before reinforcement week.

I know it would work with MoS well since they provide subs with an extra capacity but would it work with GW? I am aware that it may not work as well but, is it worth it?

I wouldn't use Subs with GW the price is 200 and I think GW is all about saving money, but its a good idea
Carregando...
Carregando...
21.11.2011 - 12:21
Submarines work just fine with GW, but they are, of course, less effective than MoS, but still worth it.
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidade | Termos de serviço | Insígnias | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Junte-se a nós no

Espalhe a palavra