Obtenha o Premium para esconder todos os anúncios
Publicações: 12   Visitado por: 40 users
06.08.2011 - 06:40
OK, so I'm pretty awful at this game.

That said, when I watch games to see how things work, I can usually figure out who's going to win the game within the first or second round.

Could we bet SP against say the house in order to accumulate experience instead of actually having to play games? That way, players could unlock options without being screwed from not being able to beat players who already unlocked options.

Likewise, if you get to a higher level from betting SP, it'll make you more appealing to other players to become friends with (which will help out regarding alliances). Besides, if you're a good bettor, then that means you have insight as to game mechanics and dynamics anyway.

To keep things from getting out of control, you could cap wagers at say 250 SP per game. Likewise, odds can be made simple. Just make the payoff (X# of players in the game) * (Average player's level/Player's level):1

For example, if there's a 10 player game with someone who has half the average level, you would only have to wager 12.5 SP for 250.
Carregando...
Carregando...
06.08.2011 - 07:02
I dont understand the way the betting works, but this sounds like a wonderful idea!
----
Carregando...
Carregando...
06.08.2011 - 08:52
Have you ever bet on anything? :-\
Carregando...
Carregando...
06.08.2011 - 09:50
I don't think the current system should be replaced. I had no trouble advancing with low SP against those with much higher SP. I like the ide aof SP betting but I have a bad feeling this would be exploited heavily.

I can't think of a way for it not to get exploited.
Carregando...
Carregando...
06.08.2011 - 10:05
The reason I put in the SP cap was to prevent exploitation.

You could also limit the amount of games people bet on everyday, and you could limit the amount of times people bet on the same person.

Aside from that, I can't imagine people really enjoying making multiple accounts and betting on themselves just to advance SP. It's way too much of a hassle, and the game is a social experience.

Also, you're really good Tik-Tok. :-P
Carregando...
Carregando...
07.08.2011 - 21:29
No cause then there would be no point in playing the game meaning that skill in a game wont count who cares about knowing whos going to win? id rather gain SP from fighting if i lose i lose i dont care betting would ruin it
----
"Austria the shield and Prussia the sword!" Too bad that they are attached to the wrong arm: The right one holds the defiantly gli stening shield, and the left one is supposed to wield the sword"
-Franz Grillparzer, Prussian Officer
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.08.2011 - 04:22
It's an interesting idea, but I think you can get SP easy enough just playing, referring and doing duels. Even if you lose every game you keep 1/2 SP.

Also who knows if Amok could code this, he probably has a long to do list when he is back, starting with Cargo ships.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.08.2011 - 12:01
Escrito por FaLLenXH3R0ESx, 07.08.2011 at 21:29

No cause then there would be no point in playing the game meaning that skill in a game wont count who cares about knowing whos going to win? id rather gain SP from fighting if i lose i lose i dont care betting would ruin it

This makes no sense. It's just, "No... bla bla bla bla.... no."

Knowing who's going to win requires insight. You can't figure that out without understanding game mechanics.

The problem is this game seems to be extremely rigged atm for people who have secret allies and people who know little tricks in the distances between cities.

People play games to win. If you expect people to lose constantly, you're just going to discourage new players from joining and sticking with your community.

It'd be way better to have a community where newcomers can watch experts play and bet on experts in order to learn from experts. Trial and error learning is exploitative and redundant.
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.08.2011 - 12:06
Escrito por Guest14502, 08.08.2011 at 04:22

It's an interesting idea, but I think you can get SP easy enough just playing, referring and doing duels. Even if you lose every game you keep 1/2 SP.

Also who knows if Amok could code this, he probably has a long to do list when he is back, starting with Cargo ships.

This is incredibly deceptive. You're actually keeping 1/3rd SP because you only get 50% for every 150% earned by the other side, and when you get knocked out early, it's less than even that.

Anyway, no, you definitely don't get enough, and who cares about cargo ships?
Carregando...
Carregando...
08.08.2011 - 12:10
Baul
Conta apagada
Escrito por Saudbany, 08.08.2011 at 12:06

Escrito por Guest14502, 08.08.2011 at 04:22

This is incredibly deceptive. You're actually keeping 1/3rd SP because you only get 50% for every 150% earned by the other side, and when you get knocked out early, it's less than even that.

Anyway, no, you definitely don't get enough, and who cares about cargo ships?

Cargo ships are important because the clueless rank 8's and rank 9's needs another way to be better than you (in reality, they usually suck and are only high ranks from farming or ally betraying, sad isn't it?) An Sp gambling system has been mentioned before, and it is a wonderful idea. We need a third way to obtain Sp since casual games aen't as good for the main populace who have time to spare, and because Ivan mustve been smoking some really damn good pot when he put in the requirements for crimson- on my main account ive spent hours upon hours playing and not one crimson is yet to unlock, even some golds are a little ridiculous.
Carregando...
Carregando...
09.08.2011 - 14:45
Can you show where the gambling system has been mentioned before?

This isn't meant to be like duels where you challenge someone else. It's just a ways to see if you know what predetermining factors are best.

I have no idea wth cargo ships do either that transports wouldn't already do.
Carregando...
Carregando...
10.08.2011 - 17:34
I was sure we had that suggestion already
http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1373
Carregando...
Carregando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidade | Termos de serviço | Insígnias | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Junte-se a nós no

Espalhe a palavra